Friday, March 13, 2009

Lackadaisy Cats project - Introduction

Here's a little introduction to my current (personal) project:

all images below copyright of Tracy Butler, http://www.lackadaisycats.com/






These gorgeouse drawings are taken from http://www.lackadaisycats.com/ - a webcomic about a gang of rumrunners set in the 1920's, in St. Louis, and created by the very talented Tracy Butler.

I had always wanted to create some really appealing, expressive characters, but unfortunately I suck at character design and have only basic skills at other aspects of 3D that are not character animation.

When I came across this webcomic it struck me that its time to stop avoiding this (enormous) task and start working on something, because these characters are so full of personality that I have to try and make them move, and think and be who they are.
In other words - I am truly inspired.

And so, with Tracy’s kind permission to use her comic as concept art, I set out on this difficult task of creating a Lackadaisy Cat.


I chose Serafine, (above in the red dress) mainly because she (kicks ass!) fits this sound clip from a movie that I want to animate to.

I can only hope the final result will be as appealing and expressive, and in any case, I mean to learn a lot.


I’d love to have lots of comments and feedback to learn from – so don’t hold back!


Next post – Serafine’s model

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tal, goodluck!
    we'll keep posted

    The Animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. wanna see moar!!! i like the idea a lot. what soundtrack will you be using, or is it a secret?
    Rongo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you darlings - moar is coming!

    Rongo, I'm sure I've played you the sound before but if not, then tomorrow at work :)

    ReplyDelete